Trump Says Iran Deal Could Come Quickly While Warning Tehran Will Never Get Nuclear Weapons

Trump warned Iran faces force or surrender, insisting Tehran will never obtain nuclear weapons.

US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the standoff with Iran may be resolved quickly, suggesting that Tehran is urgently seeking a deal after facing intense American pressure.

Speaking at a Congressional picnic at the White House, Trump said he believes the situation with Iran will be “finished” very soon. He claimed Iranian officials are eager to reach an agreement and said he hopes the matter can be settled peacefully, while again stressing that Iran will not be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon.

Trump’s remarks came one day after he revealed that the United States had been preparing a major strike on Iran but postponed the operation because serious negotiations were underway. He later told reporters that the attack had been delayed temporarily and could still move forward if talks fail.

Earlier Tuesday, Trump said he had been just one hour away from ordering the strike before calling it off. He warned that the US may still deliver another major blow if Tehran refuses to accept a deal that permanently blocks its nuclear ambitions.

Trump accused Iran of seeking nuclear weapons to threaten the Middle East and the wider world, declaring that such a scenario will not be permitted.US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that the standoff with Iran may be resolved quickly, suggesting that Tehran is urgently seeking a deal after facing intense American pressure.

Speaking at a Congressional picnic at the White House, Trump said he believes the situation with Iran will be “finished” very soon. He claimed Iranian officials are eager to reach an agreement and said he hopes the matter can be settled peacefully, while again stressing that Iran will not be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon.

Trump’s remarks came one day after he revealed that the United States had been preparing a major strike on Iran but postponed the operation because serious negotiations were underway. He later told reporters that the attack had been delayed temporarily and could still move forward if talks fail.

Earlier Tuesday, Trump said he had been just one hour away from ordering the strike before calling it off. He warned that the US may still deliver another major blow if Tehran refuses to accept a deal that permanently blocks its nuclear ambitions.

Trump accused Iran of seeking nuclear weapons to threaten the Middle East and the wider world, declaring that such a scenario will not be permitted.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *