Zamir praises frontline troops, vowing relentless strikes to protect northern residents from Iranian-backed terror
IDF Chief of Staff LTG Eyal Zamir approved operational plans on Sunday for the continuation of combat in the Northern Command, as Israel maintains high readiness against Hezbollah and the Iranian terror axis.
Zamir held a situational assessment with the General Staff Forum before visiting the headquarters of the 401st Brigade. There, he met with the acting brigade commander, Col. (res.) H., and spoke with commanders and soldiers serving on the front lines.
During the visit, Zamir praised the brigade’s courage and professionalism, while wishing a speedy recovery to brigade commander Col. Meir Biderman, who was injured last week in southern Lebanon.
Zamir said the IDF continues to monitor regional developments and remains ready to immediately resume intense combat operations if required. He stressed that Israel is prepared to further weaken the Iranian terror regime and its military capabilities.
In the Northern Command, Zamir said, Israeli forces continue striking Hezbollah across all dimensions. He emphasized that the security of northern residents and IDF troops remains the highest priority.
The Chief of Staff said every area in which Israeli forces have operated has left behind a battered enemy fighting for survival. He praised the courage of IDF soldiers and the spirit of commanders who lead from the front.
Referring to the 401st Brigade, Zamir honored fallen commander Col. Ehsan Daxa and injured commander Col. Meir Biderman, saying the brigade has never been broken and continues to show tremendous strength.
He said Israel’s mission is clear: thwart every enemy, dismantle terrorist infrastructure and serve as the first line of defense for northern communities. Zamir concluded that the damage inflicted on Hezbollah is systematic and consistent, with IDF forces continuing to eliminate terrorists and destroy threats along the border.
